The Application Process
The Filberg Festival features more than 125 of the best artisans from across Canada. Each year the Festival receives well over 200 applications. However the number of artisans are limited in order to ensure participants every chance of financial success.
The on-line application process can be completed in approx. 15 minutes as long as you are prepared with the following:
- Bio (approx. 250 words)
- Description of craft (approx. 250 words)
- Items from your price list (approx. 25 items)
- 6 high resolution photos of your work
- 1 high resolution photo of your workshop
- 1 high resolution photo of your booth
- Credit card to process application fee – $30 per category
Follow link to apply: 2019 Artisan Application
Booths rent for:
- $750.00 for a 4 day space which will accommodate a 10′ x 10′ booth with access on three sides
- $1300.00 for a 4 day space which will accommodate a 10′ x 20′ booth with access on three sides
- $650.00 for a 10′ x 10′ sharing one common wall with another 10′ x 10′ booth
The Filberg Festival has a comprehensive marketing campaign which includes: radio, TV, newspaper, social media and posters. This four day celebration of the arts attracts over 16,000 people.
The Jury Process
The Festival uses an anonymous jury process, this means that the jury members will not know the name of the artist submitting their work for consideration. All works will be judged for quality, originality and overall craftsmanship. Consideration will be given to the overall balance of craft categories at the Festival, and in some categories limits will be set.
The jury is made up of 10 people – experts in ceramics, glass, jewellery, soaps & lotions, textiles, wood and visual arts. Specialty food items have a separate process where submissions are divided and tasted or sampled by at least six jurors.
We thank you for allowing the Filberg Festival the privilege of seeing your work. The creative brilliance of the dedicated Canadian artisans and craftspeople is the heart of our event.
Susan Lewis, Festival Producer
Festival Office: 250.941.0727
Join us August 2 – 5, 2019
Celebrating the Best of Arts, Crafts & Music from Across Canada