The Filberg Festival is held at the Filberg Heritage Lodge & Park
If you are driving to Vancouver Island from mainland BC you have four possible routes. The most direct from downtown Vancouver is to take the BC Ferries from Horseshoe Bay (North Vancouver) to Departure Bay in Nanaimo, then drive north about an hour. If you are travelling from south of Vancouver, you may prefer to take the BC Ferries from Tsawwassen (South Vancouver) to Departure Bay.
Another scenic route is to travel from Tsawwassen to Sidney near Victoria and then drive north to Comox. It’s about a 3 hour drive. Vancouver Island is about 300 miles long, and Comox is approx. in the middle.
On Vancouver Island, take Highway 19 north to Courtenay. From Courtenay, follow the signs east to Comox, drive through Comox on Comox Avenue to the Filberg Heritage Lodge and Park. Limited parking is available near the site, and a Park and Ride operates during festival hours. A parade causes detours on the Holiday Monday. Signs will be posted.
Travellers from Powell River, or on the Circle Tour, will arrive by ferry to Little River just north of Comox. Please use the BC Ferries link to find out exact sailing times. This ferry is met by a BC Transit Bus only on the Friday and Saturday of our event – walk on passengers can transfer to the Comox Bus. Talk to the Bus Driver and get instructions – a taxi will be necessary for the return trip to the later Ferry if you are returning the same day. Drivers, follow the signs to Comox, and you will see our temporary directional signs, which will lead you to the Park & Ride.
Visitors from Powell River can take a shuttle service from the Little River Ferry Terminal to the Filberg Festival from Friday (July 29) to Monday (August 1) with Ambassador Shuttle Service.
- Leaves Little River Ferry Terminal for the Filberg Festival at 9:45am and 1:45pm
- Returns from the Filberg Festival to the Little River Ferry Terminal at 2:30pm and 6:30pm
- All fares $10/per person each way
- Call early to reserve your seat as space is limited: 1-877-339-5252 or 250-339-5252
Park and Ride
- We offer a Park & Ride shuttle service for $5.00 per vehicle during the Filberg Festival, with scheduled hours of 9:30am-6pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and 9:30am-5pm on Monday. Location is 1475 Noel Avenue (view google map) Comox, B.C. V9M 3H8. ambassadorshuttleservice.ca
- This Park & Ride service is designed to ease the parking congestion in the Filberg Park neighbourhood, where there is limited parking. Wherever you park, please obey the by-laws regarding distances from intersections, etc., and do not block driveways or park in areas where we have cones, delineators or signs. The streets are narrow in Comox and we must keep avenues open for fire truck access. Residents in the neighbourhood can have you towed if their property is compromised. The RCMP do patrol on bicycles and will tow for traffic violations.
- The parking lot at the event site, 61 Filberg Rd., is reserved for Artisans, Performers, Food Vendors, VIPS, and Handicapped Vehicles only. With the exception of Handicapped Vehicles, there will be No Public Parking in the Park during the Festival. If all the designated Handicapped parking spaces are full, vehicles may drive in and drop off passengers then exit to take the vehicle up to the Park & Ride, or find a spot in the neighbourhood. Be sure to establish a rendezvous time and place with your party.
Persons needing wheelchairs MUST bring their own; we do not have any on site for public use or rent. Our Park is grassy and the ground is rough in many places. The booths are spread out all over the park, and it may be difficult for wheelchairs to move around the entire site.
*NOTE: Parade Detour – Monday August 7, 2017
The Comox Nautical Day Parade route is down Comox Avenue beginning at Aitken and ending on Stewart. The parade starts at 10:30 am and finishes around noon. There is no parking on Stewart (either side of Comox Ave. from Balmoral to Beaufort) on Monday morning until the parade is finished and disbursed. Comox Avenue is closed from approximately 10:15am until 12:15pm.
For those that wish to get here by bus, transit service is available throughout the long weekend. Visit BC Transit for schedules, route maps and trip planning tools. A special event schedule will be in place on BC Day, Monday August 7th and all rides on this day will be by donation. For more information about the Comox Valley please visit discovercomoxvalley.com. For more information about Vancouver Island visit vancouverisland.travel.
Comox Valley Cycling Coalition will be providing bike valet service at the entrance to the Filberg Festival grounds. Leave your bike in the lock up that is manned by the CVCC volunteers at all times. Service provided by donation. http://cyclecv.squarespace.com/
The Filberg Festival takes place in Comox, on the East Coast of central Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Comox is easy to get to with direct flights from Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary via the Comox Valley Airport (YQQ). The airport is only 10 minutes away from the Festival site.
Fly and be there in minutes! Attendees to the Filberg Festival are eligible to receive a 20% discount on our goFlex fares for flights between downtown Vancouver and Comox between August 2-9, 2017. Discount available on bookings made through our Reservations Department, directly by phone at 1.800.665.0212 or by e-mail at [email protected], as well as online at www.harbourair.com by quoting the coupon code FF08-17. Attendees will be required to provide proof of attendance (ticket) upon check-in. Please note that all rates are subject to GST, a carbon offset fee and a port and/or airport fee where applicable, and cannot be paid for with Turbobuck, Airbuck credits.
Save on air travel with WestJet!
WestJet offers 10% off Econo and 15% off Plus fares* for travel between Comox, British Columbia and anywhere WestJet flies in North America travel between July 28 to August 14, 2017. The WestJet promo code is D45PHGI for discount. Note: Discount Blackout Dates: August 3-5 and August 7-8, 2017. Contact WestJet’s Convention line at 1-844-213-5230, Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Mountain Standard Time). http://www.westjet.com/convention-discount
View the Comox Marinas
For more details about how to find us, ticket outlets, camping and community information contact the Vancouver Island Visitor Centre, Comox Valley at 1.855.400.2882