The Filberg Festival is held at the Filberg Heritage Lodge & Park Located at: 61 Filberg Road Comox, BC Accommodation Listings
By CarIf you are driving to Vancouver Island from mainland BC you have four possible routes. The most direct from downtown Vancouver is to take the BC Ferries from Horseshoe Bay (North Vancouver) to Departure Bay in Nanaimo, then drive north about an hour. If you are travelling from south of Vancouver, you may prefer to take the BC Ferries from Tsawwassen (South Vancouver) to Departure Bay. Another scenic route is to travel from Tsawwassen to Sidney near Victoria and then drive north to Comox. It's about a 3 hour drive. Vancouver Island is about 300 miles long, and Comox is approx. in the middle. On Vancouver Island, take Highway 19 north to Courtenay. From Courtenay, follow the signs east to Comox, drive through Comox on Comox Avenue to the Filberg Heritage Lodge and Park. Limited parking is available near the site, and a Park and Ride operates during festival hours. A parade causes detours on the Holiday Monday. Signs will be posted. Travellers from Powell River, or on the Circle Tour, will arrive by ferry to Little River just north of Comox. Please use the BC Ferries link to find out exact sailing times. This ferry is met by a BC Transit Bus only on the Friday and Saturday of our event - walk on passengers can transfer to the Comox Bus. Talk to the Bus Driver and get instructions - a taxi will be necessary for the return trip to the later Ferry if you are returning the same day. Drivers, follow the signs to Comox, and you will see our temporary directional signs, which will lead you to the Park & Ride. Visitors from Powell River can take a shuttle service from the Little River Ferry Terminal to the Filberg Festival from Friday (July 29) to Monday (August 1) with Ambassador Shuttle Service.
- Leaves Little River Ferry Terminal for the Filberg Festival at 9:45am and 1:45pm
- Returns from the Filberg Festival to the Little River Ferry Terminal at 2:30pm and 6:30pm
- All fares $10/per person each way
- Call early to reserve your seat as space is limited: 1-877-339-5252 or 250-339-5252
Park and Ride
- There will be a Park & Ride shuttle service by donation running during the Filberg Festival, with scheduled hours of 9:30am-6pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and 9:30am-5pm on Monday. For the Friday evening Alex Cuba concert the shuttle service will continue through to 10:00pm. Location is 1475 Noel Avenue (view google map) Comox, B.C. V9M 3H8. http://ambassadorshuttleservice.ca/
- This Park & Ride service is designed to ease the parking congestion in the Filberg Park neighbourhood, where there is limited parking. Wherever you park, please obey the by-laws regarding distances from intersections, etc., and do not block driveways or park in areas where we have cones, delineators or signs. The streets are narrow in Comox and we must keep avenues open for fire truck access. Residents in the neighbourhood can have you towed if their property is compromised. The RCMP do patrol on bicycles and will tow for traffic violations.
- The parking lot at the event site, 61 Filberg Rd., is reserved for Artisans, Performers, Food Vendors, VIPS, and Handicapped Vehicles only. With the exception of Handicapped Vehicles, there will be No Public Parking in the Park during the Festival. If all the designated Handicapped parking spaces are full, vehicles may drive in and drop off passengers then exit to take the vehicle up to the Park & Ride, or find a spot in the neighbourhood. Be sure to establish a rendezvous time and place with your party.
Persons needing wheelchairs MUST bring their own; we do not have any on site for public use or rent. Our Park is grassy and the ground is rough in many places. The booths are spread out all over the park, and it may be difficult for wheelchairs to move around the entire site.
*NOTE: Parade Detour – Monday August 1, 2016
The Comox Nautical Day Parade route is down Comox Avenue beginning at Aitken and ending on Stewart. The parade starts at 10:30 am and finishes around noon. There is no parking on Stewart (either side of Comox Ave. from Balmoral to Beaufort) on Monday morning until the parade is finished and disbursed. Comox Avenue is closed from approximately 10:15am until 12:15pm.